The Charles County Arts Alliance (CCAA) is governed by an Executive Committee comprised of the President, Vice President, Secretary-Treasurer, and Past President, plus eight (8) standing committees. Each standing committee is chaired by a member of the Board of Directors, and each committee member must be a CCAA member in good standing (i.e., dues paid) to serve on the committee.
A description of each standing committee is noted below:
- ArtsFest Committee – Responsible for planning and carrying out the CCAA-sponsored annual countywide arts festival, ArtsFest.
- Budget, Finance and Audit Committee – Responsible for the development of the proposed annual budget of the CCAA for review and approval by the Board, assistance with the annual CCAA grant applications to state and local governments, submission of IRS Form 990 annually, arranging for the annual audit/financial review, and any followup actions to ensure legal compliance.
- Events Committee – Responsible for planning and executing all CCAA membership receptions and any special events as requested, excluding ArtsFest.
- Gallery Committee – Responsible for managing the public gallery spaces of the CCAA, including coordinating calls for artists and hanging artworks, ensuring that these gallery spaces are fully utilized, and ensuring the CCAA-sponsored arts shows and exhibiting artists are widely publicized to the Charles County citizens.
- Grant Committee – Responsible for the review and assessment of grant applications, and recommendation of appropriate funding for approval by the CCAA Board of Directors.
- Membership Committee – Responsible for promoting CCAA membership growth and retention, and developing new initiatives in this regard.
- Outreach and Marketing Committee – Responsible for overseeing CCAA marketing, publicity, promotion, networking, dissemination of materials, and encouraging public engagement through CCAA presence at community events, through partnerships, and other means.
- Scholarship Committee – Responsible for overseeing the CCAA Arts Scholarship program.
If you are interested in volunteering to serve on any of the above committees, please contact us here, or call 301-392-5900.