Board of Directors
The Charles County Arts Alliance (CCAA) is governed by an all-volunteer Board of Directors. CCAA Board members lead our nonprofit organization and manage its day-to-day operations. The Board of Directors is a “hands-on” Board with many duties and responsibilities to keep the CCAA “trains running on time” throughout the year. Over the past year (FY 2016), our very dedicated CCAA Board members donated over 2700 hours of their free time to ensure the successful achievement of our organization’s goals, objectives and arts programs!
Our all-volunteer CCAA Board of Directors is comprised of the following positions:
- Vice President
- Past President
- Directors (up to 9)
All Board members are elected by the membership for two-year terms of office. Elections take place during the CCAA Annual Membership Meeting held in May during odd-numbered years. In preparation for the Board elections, a Nominating Committee is formed for the purpose of managing the recruitment process for prospective Board members. In the event of intermittent Board vacancies taking place during the two-year term, the positions are filled with the approval of the current Board of Directors. Potential Board members must be CCAA members in good standing (i.e., dues paid) for active consideration.
Meetings of the CCAA Board of Directors take place on a monthly basis throughout the year, including two Board all-day retreats for in-depth planning and assessment. Board members are expected to attend Board meetings/retreats, lead or serve on at least one CCAA standing committee, and actively participate in CCAA projects and events held throughout the year. As such, serving on the CCAA Board of Directors requires a great deal of time, commitment and dedication to be effective.
Arts Alliance is Now Accepting Nominations
for 2017 – 2019 Board of Directors
The Charles County Arts Alliance (CCAA) wants you!
Deadline to Apply is March 15, 2017
Elections will be Held on Saturday, May 13, 2017
Information for Nominations:
- Self-nominations must be submitted by March 15, 2017.
- All nominees must be CCAA current members as of January 1, 2017.
- Please submit a typed, brief written statement indicating:
1) why you are interested in serving on the CCAA Board;
- Send the written statement (not to exceed one page) to: email@example.com, with the subject line to read: Nomination for CCAA Board of Directors.
Requirements to be on the Board of Directors:
- Attend monthly Board Meetings (12/year).
- Attend Board Retreats (2/year for full-day meeting), and participate in CCAA-sponsored cultural and membership events throughout the year.
- Serve on an active “hands-on” Board, including as a Chair and/or Committee Member.
- Serve in a volunteer capacity; Board positions are not compensated.
- Become a CCAA Member at the Silver Circle Level or higher by July 1, 2017.
What can you expect after you self-nominate?
- The CCAA will accept all self-nominations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org through the deadline of Wednesday, March 15, 2017.
- All nominations will be considered and those nominees being accepted will be notified and will be expected to attend the CCAA Annual Membership Meeting on Saturday, May 13, 2017, at the Waldorf West Library, 10405 O’Donnell Place, Waldorf, MD.
- Nominations will not be accepted from the floor at this meeting.