One of the most important programs of the Charles County Arts Alliance (CCAA) is our Arts Grants Program. It has been the focal point of our organization ever since we were founded in 1987. Arts Grants have been awarded annually since then and to date our CCAA grant contributions have totaled over $650,000 to deserving nonprofit organizations and schools in Charles County to enhance their planned programs, project, events and activities. In FY 2016, the CCAA awarded $45,000 in grants to 14 nonprofit organizations and 7 schools. Two types of Arts Grants are awarded each year:
- Community Arts Development Grants – Awarded to nonprofit organizations
- Arts In Education Grants – Awarded to schools
Our Grant program is a very competitive process, and decisions are made based upon the submission of a formal grant application, rating and ranking by the CCAA Grant Committee, and final review and approval by the CCAA Board of Directors. In all applications, the applicant organization must provide a cash match for any grant funds being requested, on a 1:1, 2:1, or 3:1 basis, depending upon the grant amount being requested. Grants are reviewed on the basis of three main criteria:
- Artistic merit
- Fiscal accountability
- Service to the community
The CCAA Grant Committee is chaired by a member of the CCAA Board of Directors, and includes additional Board members and members of the local community. Grant panel members must file a written disclosure form listing all their arts-related affiliations in advance to avoid any conflict of interest. The annual grant round for CCAA Arts Grants follows the typical schedule below:
- August 10 – Grant applications posted to CCAA website.
- September – Two mandatory grant training workshop opportunities for all potential CAD grant applicants: Wednesday, September 7, 2016, 7:00 pm, or Saturday, September 10, 2016, 1:00 pm, at the United Way House, 10250 La Plata Road, La Plata, MD 20646.
- October – All grant applications due (not postmarked) in the CCAA Office by noon on October 21, 2016.
- October – CCAA Grant Committee meets and reviews all grant applications; makes final recommendations to CCAA Board.
- October – CCAA Board reviews/approves recommendations of Grant Committee; grant applicants notified of results.
- November – CCAA Grantees awarded grant checks at the CCAA Annual Grantee and Membership Gala on Saturday, November 19, 2016, from 6:00 to 9:00 pm.
- May – AIE Grant Final Reports Forms due by May 19, 2017.
- July – Final Grant Report Forms due from all CCAA grantees (in some cases earlier).
The FY 2017 Grant Application deadline has passed.
Click HERE to download the CAD Final Report for FY 2017
Click HERE to download the AIE Final Report for FY 2017.