Board of Directors
The Charles County Arts Alliance (CCAA) is led by an all-volunteer Board of Directors who serve two-year terms of office. The Board is a governing, hands-on Board – it is not an advisory committee. Board members spend hundreds of hours each year devoted to planning, implementing and evaluating our many programs, projects, activities and events. Without the dedicated efforts of these Board members, our organization would be unable to achieve its mission and goals.
The CCAA Bylaws state that our organization is led by a four-person Executive Committee (President, Vice President, Secretary-Treasurer, Past President) plus up to nine Directors. Meetings of the CCAA Board of Directors are held monthly throughout the year, and Board members also attend two all-day Board Retreats each year (summer/winter), for more intensive planning and assessment. Board members are expected to lead or serve on at least one CCAA committee, and assist at CCAA-sponsored events during the year. All Board positions are elected positions, and a Nominating Committee is formed to plan and execute the Board recruitment process every two years.
The current CCAA Board of Directors for the FY 2016 – FY 2017 term is as follows:
|President||Robert K. Rausch|
|Vice President||Gale Kladitis|
|Past President||Diane Rausch|
|Director||Cecelia Keller, Esq.|
|Youth Representative||Greg A. Kenney, Jr.|
|Student Intern||Benjamin Butler|
Arts Alliance is Now Accepting Nominations
for 2017 – 2019 Board of Directors
The Charles County Arts Alliance (CCAA) wants you!
Deadline to Apply is March 15, 2017
Elections will be Held on Saturday, May 13, 2017
Information for Nominations:
- Self-nominations must be submitted by March 15, 2017.
- All nominees must be CCAA current members as of January 1, 2017.
- Please submit a typed, brief written statement indicating:
1) why you are interested in serving on the CCAA Board;
- Send the written statement (not to exceed one page) to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line to read: Nomination for CCAA Board of Directors.
Requirements to be on the Board of Directors:
- Attend monthly Board Meetings (12/year).
- Attend Board Retreats (2/year for full-day meeting), and participate in CCAA-sponsored cultural and membership events throughout the year.
- Serve on an active “hands-on” Board, including as a Chair and/or Committee Member.
- Serve in a volunteer capacity; Board positions are not compensated.
- Become a CCAA Member at the Silver Circle Level or higher by July 1, 2017.
What can you expect after you self-nominate?
- The CCAA will accept all self-nominations via email at email@example.com through the deadline of Wednesday, March 15, 2017.
- All nominations will be considered and those nominees being accepted will be notified and will be expected to attend the CCAA Annual Membership Meeting on Saturday, May 13, 2017, at the Waldorf West Library, 10405 O’Donnell Place, Waldorf, MD.
- Nominations will not be accepted from the floor at this meeting.