Attention All Organizations and Businesses
Charles County Fair is September 13 – 16
Help Us Fill the CCAA Arts Bags!
The Charles County Arts Alliance has been a proud partner with the Charles County Fair Board for many years. We help supervise the P.D. Brown Fine Arts Building, and staff a CCAA booth to promote the arts in our county and membership in our organization.
Each year we assemble arts bags filled with interesting flyers, pens, bookmarks, coupons, water bottles, rulers, brochures, business cards, press releases, event announcements and other promotional materials to hand out to Charles County Fair-goers. We want to advertise the broad diversity of the arts we offer here in Charles County: music, visual art, drama, dance and literature, and the businesses that support them.
This year, again, we plan to stuff 500 arts bags. We need your stuff, so we can fill these bags. The bags are 12″ wide and 15″ tall. Please deliver 500 of your promo items to our CCAA Office, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9:00 am and 2:00 pm. Deadline for delivery is noon on Wednesday, September 5. The office is located at 10250 La Plata Road, La Plata, MD 20646, near the corner of Rts. 488 and 6, in the United Way House. Please call the office at 301-392-5900, if you have any questions. Thank you!
Click HERE to View the Comcast Newsmakers Interview with Yolanda Vazquez
|Commissioners Gallery||Charles Regional Medical Center Gallery||Waldorf West Library Gallery|
|Community Bank of the Chesapeake, Waldorf Branch||Charlotte Hall Veterans Home|
Welcome to the website of the Charles County Arts Alliance! We are glad you’re here, and we hope you find our site attractive, inviting, interesting, informative and easy to navigate. We welcome your feedback – just click on the “contact us” button above, and send us your thoughts!
The Charles County Arts Alliance was founded in 1987 as a grass-roots, all-volunteer nonprofit organization by a group of enthusiastic citizens. Its mission has remained steadfast over the past three decades: “to stimulate, promote, encourage, and provide recognition of the arts and the creative spirit in Charles County.” It is designated as the official arts council of Charles County by the Charles County Government, and is recognized as such by the Maryland State Arts Council. In this role, the Arts Alliance serves as the “arts umbrella” organization for the entire Charles County arts community – arts organizations, arts educators, individual artists, and the arts-loving public.
Over the past 31 years, the Charles County Arts Alliance has achieved many major accomplishments:
• Promoted Charles County arts events, organizations and individual artists.
• Devoted thousands of volunteer hours to achieve its mission.
• Received over $1,000,000 in federal, state and county grants to support its mission.
• Awarded over $750,000 in Arts Grants to support local nonprofits and schools.
• Awarded annual Arts Scholarships at each county high school.
• Produced ArtsFest, the largest annual arts festival in Charles County.
• Managed the Fine Arts Building of the Charles County Fair.
• Presented regional artist workshops and master classes.
• Managed free public galleries for visual artists to display artworks at no cost.
• Sponsored its first statewide juried art show at Thomas Stone National Historic Site.
• Presented numerous cultural events for county citizens and students.
• Advocated for increased funding for the arts at the local, state and national level.
• Partnered with many nonprofit, government and educational organizations.
• Provided access to the arts for Charles County’s underserved population.
• Ensured that the arts were included in the Charles County Comprehensive Plan.
• Published Arts Vision 2020: A Strategic Plan for the Arts in Charles County.
We invite you to become a member – all are welcome! The Charles County Arts Alliance is an IRS 501(c)(3) charitable organization and as such, all contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Please join us as we seek to improve the overall quality of life in Charles County, and implement our long-term strategic plan for the arts, Arts Vision 2020.
Click HERE to download our information and membership brochure.
Thanks to our Sponsors!