You are Invited!
A Southwest Fiesta!
Charles County Arts Alliance Annual Gala
“Southwestern Yucca” by BonNel
Join Us in Celebrating All the Arts in Charles County!
Saturday, November 16, 2019
6:00 – 10:00 pm
Old Waldorf School
3074 Crain Highway, Waldorf, MD
Tickets: $30 at the Door
Spend an evening of fun and fellowship with a delicious Tex-Mex dinner by Chili’s, music by Mariachi El Rey, a Silent Auction, and more. Meet the recipients of the CCAA Arts in Education and Community Arts Development grants for 2020 and get to know the opportunities for the arts in our schools and community.
Thank you for your support!
Click HERE to View the Comcast Newsmakers Interview with Yolanda Vazquez
CCAA is now on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
|Commissioners Gallery||Charles Regional Medical Center Gallery||Waldorf West Library Gallery|
|Community Bank of the Chesapeake, Waldorf Branch||Community Bank of the Chesapeake, Charlotte Hall Branch||Charlotte Hall Veterans Home|
Welcome to the website of the Charles County Arts Alliance! We are glad you’re here, and we hope you find our site attractive, inviting, interesting, informative and easy to navigate. We welcome your feedback – just click on the “contact us” button above, and send us your thoughts!
The Charles County Arts Alliance was founded in 1987 as a grass-roots, all-volunteer nonprofit organization by a group of enthusiastic citizens. Its mission has remained steadfast over the past three decades: “to stimulate, promote, encourage, and provide recognition of the arts and the creative spirit in Charles County.” It is designated as the official arts council of Charles County by the Charles County Government, and is recognized as such by the Maryland State Arts Council. In this role, the Arts Alliance serves as the “arts umbrella” organization for the entire Charles County arts community – arts organizations, arts educators, individual artists, and the arts-loving public.
Over the past 32 years, the Charles County Arts Alliance has achieved many major accomplishments:
• Promoted Charles County arts events, organizations and individual artists.
• Devoted thousands of volunteer hours to achieve its mission.
• Received over $1,000,000 in federal, state and county grants to support its mission.
• Awarded over $750,000 in Arts Grants to support local nonprofits and schools.
• Awarded annual Arts Scholarships at each county high school.
• Produced ArtsFest, the largest annual arts festival in Charles County.
• Managed the Fine Arts Building of the Charles County Fair.
• Presented regional artist workshops and master classes.
• Managed free public galleries for visual artists to display artworks at no cost.
• Sponsored its first statewide juried art show at Thomas Stone National Historic Site.
• Presented numerous cultural events for county citizens and students.
• Advocated for increased funding for the arts at the local, state and national level.
• Partnered with many nonprofit, government and educational organizations.
• Provided access to the arts for Charles County’s under-served population.
• Ensured that the arts were included in the Charles County Comprehensive Plan.
• Published Arts Vision 2020: A Strategic Plan for the Arts in Charles County.
We invite you to become a member – all are welcome! The Charles County Arts Alliance is an IRS 501(c)(3) charitable organization and as such, all contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Please join us as we seek to improve the overall quality of life in Charles County, and implement our long-term strategic plan for the arts, Arts Vision 2020.
Click HERE to download our information and membership brochure.
Thanks to our Sponsors!